The Sheriff's Office is responsible for Court/Bailiff duties. Our office will attempt to keep the public up-to-date on the latest happenings in court. This should include any Failure To Appear Warrants, sentencing to DOC, bond changes, and information regarding Probation. Please understand that changes can also be made to cases outside of an official/formal court hearing. For the most up-to-date and accurate court case changes, please contact the Putnam County Circuit Courts at (660) 947-2117.
The Bailiff has the responsibility of providing a secure environment in the Courtroom, as well as the Courthouse. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office appreciates the cooperation of those attending court, and asks that you secure any and all weapons at home or in your vehicle before entering the Courthouse. Failure to do so could result in charges being filed.
The Sheriff's Office is also involved with tranporting individuals to the Department of Corrections. Our office will attempt to keep you informed of those activities as the information becomes available for release.
Please be aware of the Courtroom rules as follows:
1. NO hats
2. NO shorts
3. NO tank tops
4. NO t-shirts with inappropriate verbiage
5. NO sunglasses
***The dress code will be enforced.***
Rules of the Courtroom:
1. All cellular phones and pagers must be turned off or to vibrate.
2. NO talking while court is in session.
3. NO crying infants.
4. NO communication with prisoners.
5. Hands must be out of pockets while standing before the Judge.
6. NO tongue rings when speaking before the Judge.
7. NO placing your hands or leaning on the Judge's bench while standing before the court.
8. Respectful behavior is required at all times.
9. Any bag is subject to search.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in person's denied entry into court, a person's removal from the courtroom, the potential of civil/criminal charges, and any other action the Judge deems necessary.